Featured Slider

Friday, February 3, 2012

Layers of Love








My first time playing at The Paper Players today and I'm just under the deadline.  Ive been playing around with different papers and textures.  I wound up with lots of tiny tissue paper hearts.  What to do?  So, I took a piece of craft plastic and Mod Podged a bunch of them on the plastic.  Then, I took others and using a tissue paper method to making flowers, I made the puffy heart. Had to play with it a bit to get it to look how I wanted.  I am very happy with the outcome.

Unfortunately too I am having camera issues, a loose lens that won't stay fastened since my camera fell off the desk earlier this week, so my photos aren't doing my work much justice.  So, please bare with me until I can get my camera fixed. 

SPIES:
Stamps:  Sentiment:  Hampton Art.
Paper:  Tissue paper in red, orange and pink. DP from stash.  White cardstock.
Ink:  Colorbox.
Extras:  Lime green ribbon, lime green sticky gems, Spellbinders label die cut.

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Fun, unique technique, and I love your richly-colored DP! So glad you played with us this week, and I hope you continue to come back!!

Ann Schach said...

I love your puffy heart, Nance! It is so unique and creative. I love the fabulous DSP you have used. Welcome to the Paper Players! We are glad you joined us!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a cool technique you used to create the dimensional heart! Wow! I just love the pretty color combo and that patterned paper, too. A gorgeous valentine, all around! So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players, Nance! :)