Featured Slider

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Life Is An Adventure




The title of this post definitely says it all!  Life is truly an adventure and the last few weeks in the Salkeld abode has been moreso.  I am in the process of moving into my new craft studio so crafting has taken on a new meaning for me over the past couple weeks.  My studio is a wonderful Valentine gift from my husband to help me get back in the groove and even maybe make a little spending money at it.  I will share pics in a later post.

Of course, in the middle of it all, I was trying to get Valentines made and a few other special cards for some special events coming up.  This cute 'adventure' card I sent to my son who will be participating in UNC's Dance Marathon this weekend to raise money for NC Children's Hospital.  I think the dog stamp is so adorable!  It is from Artistic Outpost.  They have some gorgeous stamps!

I wanted to make a masculine, yet youthful card.  My son, Ben, is a freshman at UNC Chapel Hilll.  The sketch at Eat, Sleep, Stamp this week is very streamlined and simple and perfect for a masculine card. So, I took some Tim Holtz grunge paper, sprayed it with blue and orange glimmer mist and then stamped the image in Staz On Azure.  It gave it a more grungy look.


I thought the notebook DP paper was pretty appropriate too.  So I used a notebook border punch on one side.  Then, I chose some wood looking DP, used a wood grain texture plate on it to make the wood look more defined.  And I used some of the same wood paper as a border for the sentiment.  I finished off the card with an orange leather and metal brad and a metal arrow on the compass in the image.

SPIES:
Stamps:  Image and sentiment -Artistic Outpost;
Paper:  Grunge paper; white cardstock:  DP from stash.
Ink:  Staz On Azure.
Extras:  Wood grain texture plate - Taylored Expressions; notebook border punch; glimmer mist; orange leather and metal brad; metal arrow.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Nance what a great hubby you have! I can't wait to see the pictures. =) Your card came out fantastic!!! I love the colors and the little embellishments you added. Just perfect. Thank you for playng along with this weeks sketch!
Hugs,
Tracy

NanaConnie said...

What a fabulous image of that dog with his face to the wind! You just know how happy he is. Love the blue and brown color combo, Nance! Marvelous CAS design.