Featured Slider

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Seize The Cupcake





So what do you think it is?  Is it a cupcake?  Is it a pumpkin?  ---- It's a pumpkin cupcake!  I decided to make a pumpkin cupcake for a special October birthday card.  I cut three scallop circles out of patterned paper and fit them together as a pumpkin.  Cut a rectangle for the stem and adhered the flame from a candle die cut.  Cut out a cupcake liner from teal cardstock and crimped it for a more authentic cupcake liner look.  Then, I edged the pumpkin cupcake with teal stickles to make it stand out more.  I added the swirls for a little more pizzpazz against the background.

This is my first entry over at Skipping Stones Designs.



SPIES:
Stamps: Sentiment (Taylored Expressions).
Paper:  White cardstock.  Teal cardstock.  DP -Basic Grey.
Ink:  Teal (Memento).  Teal Stickles.
Extras:  Swirl die cut (My Favorite Things); candle die cut (Sizzix); scallop circle die cut (Spellbinders); paper crimper- for cupcake liner; scallop border die (Taylored Expressions); brown ribbon.

Now, I'm off on a whirlwind 5oth birthday trip with my high school BFF, who happens to share my birthday-Oct. 23rd (only she's a year younger than me!)!  Yes, I'm the one who will be 50 this year!  :)  We are spending 3 active packed days in NYC, starting tomorrow!  We will be seeing Wicked on our birthday!

Excited to have some "wicked" girl's time!

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I love Wicked! Hope you are having a great time! Fun take on the sketch too, love the sparkle!

Jessi Fogan said...

Now that's an awesome way to celebrate a birthday! Have a blast!!