Featured Slider

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thankful Tag




For World Card Making Day I've been playing around trying new items and new techniques.  So, pretty appropriate that my first post for the day is of a tag, not a card.  LOL

I bought some of the Dylusions ink spray by Ranger and just had to try them out.  Here I used Lemon Zest and Postbox Red along with some Walnut antiquing solution for the tag background.  The images I stamped in Staz On Jet Black and then sprayed the whole tag with Pearl Glimmer Mist.

The pumpkins are a stamp I stamped on DP with the same Staz On ink.  I then sprayed some of the Dylusions onto each pumpkin as well for the various color tones.  Finally, I applied Glossy Accents to each pumpkin to give them more shine so they would stand out more against the background.  I cut out each pumpkin before adhering for more texture and definition.  My finishing touches were stamping the sentiment and inking around it, inking around the entire tag and adding a ribbon.




My inspiration for the tag was the challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations:




SPIES:
Stamps: Pumpkin & leaf vines(Inkadinkadoo I think) ; Stalks(Inkadinkadoo);
Paper:  Tag; DP -Black Widow (We R Memory Keepers);
Ink:  Staz On Jet Black; Lemon Zest & Postbox Red (Dylusions); Vintage Photo distress ink(Ranger); Walnut antiquing solution (Tsukineko); Pearl Glimmer Mist(Tattered Angels).
Extras:  Glossy Accents(Ranger); cream satin ribbon.



1 comment:

Jessi Fogan said...

Welcome back to blogland :) Good to see you! I love the inking on the tag, and the glossy accents totally make those punkins pop! Love it :)