Featured Slider

Friday, November 30, 2012

Rudolph Red Card





Lots going on this evening here in NC!  Lots of different crafting and trying to watch the UNC Women's soccer team play in the National Semifinal against Stanford.  Go Lady HEELS!

Now, on with the crafts!  A quick little card for the sketch challenge at The Sweetest Thing.  I just fell in love with that little Rudolph stamp.  He's so adorable!  I stamped him then colored him with Copics, added some white liquid pearls to his tail and some crystal Stickles to make his nose glow.  And trying to come up with a ribbon or something beside him, I found this infrequently used red garland ribbon, which I thought would give the impression of reindeer reins and wrapped one end around Rudolph's neck. 

I also went out of my comfort zone a bit on this card.  I know that Karen Giron at Sweetest Thing stitches her cards and so I decided to add a little stitchery with mine.  I not only used the stitch emboss folder on the background paper, I added some "x's" on each corner.  Sewing, just not my forte so I dont' think about putting it on my cards much, but not bad this time.

 

 Supplies:

SPIES:
Stamps:  Rudolph (Imaginesce).  Greeting(Taylored Expressions).
Paper:  DP-Yuletide (K& Company).  Tan textured cardstock and red cardstock.
Ink:  Blazing Red.  Copics.
Extras:  Embroidery thread; red garland ribbon.

Back with more later if I'm not too distracted by the soccer game!

1 comment:

Jessi Fogan said...

Look at his sparkly nose! Love that :) And that trim is so luscious - so touchable!