Featured Slider

Monday, November 5, 2012

Tags N' Paper






When I visited my parents in WV two weeks ago, I had taken some stamp supplies with me to hopefully get a head start on some things for Christmas.  I painted 20 tags and made two sheets of background paper with my Dylusions paints and water.  I only have about six bottles of Dylusions colors and I used about three colors per tag.   I love the way they came out.  The Instagram photo above is a little brighter than they really are.
I followed the technique used by Ranger's Dyan Reaveley in this tutorial video.  I did the same for the background paper, which was done using watercolor paper and lots of water!  I can't wait to use all of these in upcoming projects for Christmas!



I leave you with a quote from Andy Warhol, whose work I had the opportunity to see  in person at the Museum of Metropolitan Art while in New York two weeks ago.  Unfortunately we weren't allowed to photograph his exhibit or I'd share some of those also.
 
"An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them." ~Andy Warhol

1 comment:

Jessi Fogan said...

You've been so incredibly busy! I'm loving everything - but especially these fun misted projects & that fabulous bird in a hoop! Love the burlap. And since I'm the proud new owner of a bajillion spray mists, thankful for ideas :) I have one bottle of Dylusions and it's AWESOME.
As for that quote...EXACTLY. Warhol was a little nutty, but then, all the best of us are ;)