Featured Slider

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Ornament Inlay


Christmas cards tonight!  I wanted to try the Die Inlay technique challenge at JUGS this week.  I'm favoring the right card more than the left.  Mostly because I wanted the ornaments to all play center stage and so I went with little else.  I also finally chose not to place other ornament tops either and leave them as is. And because I wanted to go minimalist, the left card sentiment just isn't doing it for me. 


SPIES:
STAMPS: Sentiment (right) - Inkadinkadoo.  Sentiment (left) - Taylored Expressions.
PAPER: Red and cream cardstock.  DP - Anna Griffin.
INK: Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk (Memento).
EXTRAS:  Ornament Framelits die (Sizzix).

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Isn't it fun getting 2 cards in the time for one! Fabulous creations - Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

Marisa said...

Lovely ornaments! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Very pretty! Great combination of papers on those ornaments. It's amazing how the die cuts can give you 2 totally different looks. Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Wow! I love them both. Isn't the die cut inlay technique fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls. I hope you will come back and play again!

Jessi Fogan said...

That's an awesome technique! Gotta try that.

Nancy said...

Sorry this is late....but Nance...your cards are amazing for the Just Us Girls challenge. I stopped by also to congratulate you on the Pink Elephant Gig...you must be thrilled! Love your blog and the way it scrolls...so cool! Very impressed...I am sure I will become a regular visitor!