Featured Slider

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Good Evening again!  

Wow, I'm on a roll with my posts!

And that's good because there's another challenge to reveal:




We have 3 awesome sponsors this week:

http://www.bugaboostamps.com/

Bugaboo Digi Stamps
Prize:  7 Digis

 http://www.digistamps4joy.co.za/eshop

Digistamps 4 Joy
Prize: $10 Worth of Stamps



http://thestampingchef.com/Shop/

The Stamping Chef
Prize:  3 Digis


And here is our 
Inspiration Photo for the week:


Super cool photo with such a fantastic quote 
that is perfect for Mother's Day!

Here is my card using a Bugaboo digtal stamp:


SPIES:
STAMPS: Digtial Image and Sentiment (Bugaboo Stamps).
PAPER: Gray cardstock base; DP - In Bloom (My Mind's Eye).
INK: Copics.
EXTRAS: Border emboss folder (Darice); gold ribbon; Diamond Stickles; coral enamel dots.

I used  a digi stamp from Bugaboo for my card.  Is she not the cutest little thing?  Love all those flowers too!  I got my inspiration from the little leaf at the top of the charm.  It led me to the patterned paper, In Bloom, by My Mind's Eye.  I love all the peachy shades, pale yellows and grays.  There are actually pale yellow flowers on the background paper behind the digital stamp.  

It took me longer than I realized to color the image.  I had to be creative with the Copics that I have in order to find the right shades to come close to the colors in the patterned paper.  I am very happy with how it turned out.  I decided not to color the frame all the way in and leave it a little sparse to emulate the softness of the patterned paper.  To finish it off I added Diamond Stickles for some sparkle in the flowers and her hairbow.

Make sure you stop over at the {PIN}spirational Challenge Blog and check out all the wonderful projects from my fellow Design Team members.  We have several new members joining us and this week is their debut!  So check them out, visit their blogs and leave them some blog luv!  Then, use the inspirational photo to make your own paper project to play along with us.  You might be one of our next winners and win one of the great prizes being offered this week from our fabulous sponsors!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:








Early Mother's Day Blessings!

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

4 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

Adorable card. I love the background paper you paired the image with. Very pretty, indeed. Thanks for joining in for the Eureka! Stamps Challenge.

karalschuknecht said...

Gorgeous card and I love the color and your coloring is great. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Mother's Day Flowers Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
Karal Eureka DT

Stephanie said...

Very sweet card, lovely coloring! Thanks for playing along in our Stella Says Sketch challenge at Catch The Bug.

Jen Leeflang said...

I love the way you have coloured the image! Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo's Stella Says Sketch #209. I look forward to your entry for the next challenge.
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT