Featured Slider

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Merci

Happy First Sunday 
in May!

It's a sweet Sunday, as always,

because there is always

a new challenge





This week our sponsor is:




My Creative Classroom is an online arts and crafts learning center. They have interactive and in-depth courses that are instructor led and filled with wonderful projects and techniques to help you get the most out of your supplies. 

Click on their logo above and go check out all their current classes, about 100 in all.


For our lucky winner at Cupcake Inspirations this week 
they will offer  
a free seat to either
"Color Inspirations: Twinkling H2O's" with Jeri Parks 
OR 
"Clean and
Simple Card Workshop" with Jeri Parks. 

Good Luck!


Here is this week's inspirational photo 

with a 

Theme:  Parisian

Inspiration photo compliments of:
French Style Chocolate Molds at Squidoo 


Here is my card for some added inspiration.  


SPIES:
STAMP: Postcard stamp (stamped pink on tag) from The Paper Company; Sentiment (Recollections).
PAPER: White cardstock; DP-Victoria Garden (Echo Park); 
INK: Tangelo and Angel Pink (Momento); 
EXTRAS:  Eiffel Tower die (My Favorite Things); Heart charm die (Paper Sweeties); lattice emboss folder (Cuttlebug); Tag die (Reverse Confetti); Coral ribbon; Coral prima rose; white prima flower; pink/white baker's twine; 


This was a slightly challenging project for me as my "Parisian" stock amounts to the eiffel tower die and "merci" sentiment stamp, both of which I have used on my card.  I used a tiny heart charm die from Paper Sweeties, stamped my sentiment on white cardstock, cut it into a tiny banner and glued it on the heart for a little charm sentiment.

I love the way the card turned out even with my Parisian challenged stash!  I'm also a little lacking in the color of coral, but found this ribbon.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  I used the color combination from this week's ColourQ challenge.  Seemed a great fit!

So stop over at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog and see what the other design team members created and leave them some "Ooo La La" blog luv!  Then, create your own French themed project and link it up with us.  We love having you play along!


For Following Challenges:



Tres Magnifique Blessings!


x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

2 comments:

Mayras Designs said...

Gorgeous card !!!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so pretty! I love the whole Parisian theme! The ribbon and paper rose are tres magnifique! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!