Featured Slider

Monday, May 5, 2014

Watts N Watts


SPIES:
STAMPS: Light bulbs and sentiments (Simon Says)
PAPER: Teal, tan and white cardstock; 
INK: Teal green (Hampton Arts); Tuxedo Black (Momento); Copic marker for hearts.
EXTRAS: Red seam binding; Heart Framelits (Sizzix).

Ok don't blow a gasket or anything, but here is another post today from me!  I know, amazing isn't it?  I'm on a mission to try out a lot of my new stuff from the past couple months and with the Hubs busy installing new soffits, I am tucked inside my craft room to get away from the relentless hammering (or at least that's my excuse).

So here's a little about what I did with the card:

I cut a heart shape out of the card base and then stamped the light bulb stamp twice to make a heart inside the white space.  Then I used the solid light bulb stamped and teal ink and stamped over the outline stamp.  Next, I stamped two more light bulbs, colored the hearts red and fussy cut them and glued them on the green ones.  I didn't like all the white so I used two of my framelit hearts to make a red heart frame.  I wanted something clean lined and un-frufru-ie so I used red seam binding.




Pals Paper Arts Challenge #202



Watts of Blessings!

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be!

Unknown said...

How sweet is this card? I totally love your matching images and sentiment - so clever! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ack! What a totally fun card and a super clever take on the sketch! Brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

chera said...

so stinkin cute!!!!

Denise Price said...

I love your idea to overlap the light bulbs to make a heart. It turned out ultra cute.

Unknown said...

Very clever! Thanks for sharing this fun and fabulous card with us at PPA!

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm in love with that terrible awful pun! lol! And good call hiding from the construction...you might get enlisted to HELP if you were out there!