Featured Slider

Monday, June 9, 2014

Happy #24 Anniversary!

Good Monday Morning!

I have a special post this morning!

Today, the Hubs and I celebrate our 24th Wedding Anniversary!

June 9, 1990

I made this special card for him:


SPIES

STAMPS: Sentiments - 1st Three (Hampton Art); Sentiment "Together" (Fiskars).
PAPER: White and teal cardstock.
INK: Turquoise (SEI).
EXTRAS: Flower emboss folder (Cuttlebug); Rose die (My Favorite Things); pearl strings; pearl gems.

I know it's a little froo-frooie for a guy, but he won't mind.  I'd been trying all week last week to figure out what kind of card to make him.  Then, the challenges at Colour Me and Muse kind of helped me along!  Colour Me's color challenge is "coastal cabana", kind of a turquoise color.  And, over at Muse, the "muse" card has a lot of turquoise also.  And, turquoise happens to be the color we had in our wedding ---- turquoise and white!  Perfect!

For the Muse challenge, I chose to kind of reverse things, putting the "stripes" or my cake layers, on top along with my sentiments.  

For Following Challenges:











The Hubs is off work today so we have an action packed day ahead of us to celebrate.   Kayaking, swimming, a movie, dinner, then dessert (homemade s'mores with gigantic marshmallows) on the patio tonight.  


Anniversary Blessings!
x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

6 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Congratulations on you anniversary! Your card is gorgeous!

Ardyth said...

Happy Anniversary! Love this fun take on this week's Muse - so glad you played along with us! I look forward to seeing you again!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that you were inspired for a personal celebratory card, that turned out terrific for a masculine one! Thanks so much for joining in with Muse!!

Rosemary said...

sweet anniversary card.. thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me..!

Unknown said...

Seriously cute!!! Love the pearls and roses :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us at Colour Me...! this week. We sure hope to see you again soon :)

Lee said...

Oh how SWEET is that?! And I love the turquoise! A very special anniversary wish to you and your hubby too! Thanks for playing along with us at Mod Squad!