Featured Slider

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Nothing But The Best...



Happy Sunday!

Time for a 



Our sponsor this week is:


Thanks for sponsoring us!

PRIZE:  $10 Gift Certificate

Here is our inspiration photo for the week:



Inspirational photo compliments of:  
Picnic Bug Cupcakes by Manchester Tarts 

This week is a theme:  
BUGS!

Make a paper craft project including some kind of bug!

Stop by the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog and check out all my fellow Design Sweeties projects for more inspiration and check out mine below:


SPIES:
STAMPS: Strawberry Ants Digital Images & Sentiment(Doodle Pantry).
PAPER: Red, yellowgold and white cardstock; DP - Summer Fresh (Simple Stories).
INK: Copics on digital image.
EXTRAS: Stitched oval mats (Lil Inker Designs); Stitched rectangle mat (Lil Inker Designs); Label and banner die (Lil Inker Designs); Small bow die (Impression Obsessions); Flower dies (Paper Sweeties); white pearl gem.


My card kind of fell together pretty quickly and well.  I had the card base in my stash, already with the stitched mat.  I decided to cut a round stitched mat in the center of the front of the base and of the designer paper to bump up around my image cut on the round stitched die.  The little flower dies from Paper Sweeties were perfect for duplicating the white flowers on the strawberry plants.

I gave this card to my Hubs as a small token of my appreciation, gratitude and love for him for stepping up and taking such good care of me and all of our responsibilities all alone for the past month while I was so horribly sick.  He's definitely a keeper (despite being a Lion's fan, but hey, we all have our faults)!  LOL  

For Following Challenges:






 Sweet Cupcake Blessings to All!



x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Nance this is just super cute and those little critters are really having a feast in berry land. Loving your vibrant colouring and design paper.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Andrea W said...

Your card is darling Nance! The colors and strawberries are beautiful together. I'm glad you're feeling better! Thanks for sharing your creation at Savvy Handmade Cards.

Julie Reed said...

Beautiful, great sentiment and I love how you coloured the strawberries. Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
Julie DT :)

cass said...

Wonderful sentiment, great summer food card, thanks for joining as at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight.

Melanie Smith said...

Super sweet card....I love your take on our summer food challenge. Thank you for participating over at Open-minded Creative Fun. Hope to see you again really soon. Melanie, DT

Unknown said...

This is so adorable!! I love it! The image is fantastic! Love those little ants! I hate ants LOL but I love cartoon ants!! Gorgeous coloring and I love those papers too!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally adore the fresh feel of this card! Fabulous combination of DP!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

Denise Goeldner said...

This is lovely, beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}