Featured Slider

Monday, September 1, 2014

Be Awesome


Happy Labor Day Monday (in the U.S.)!

Time for 



This week is another theme:

Back To School

Across the U.S., today marks the very last day of summer before school starts, although many already have gone back.

What better way to ring in the new school year than a Back to School theme.  Check out the rest of Ella's team's projects at The Pink Elephant Challenge Blog. Then, link up your own "back to school" project and share it with us.  We love having you play along and seeing everyone's creative talent!

Both of my sons are entering their Senior years in College this fall.  It seems like yesterday when I was packing their lunches and driving them to elementary school.  It sure does fly by quickly!  

So this theme was a bit of a challenge for me.  I have graduation stamps but nothing really just school related except in my scrapbook stash for school layouts I yet to finish.  Yeah, I know what you are thinking, my boys are in college and I'm still working on elementary-high school school layouts! LOL  

Here is my card:

SPIES:
STAMPS: Sentiment (Impression-Obsession).
PAPER: Kraft, royal, red and black cardstock; DP - From my stash.
INK: Versamark; White chalkboard ink
EXTRAS: Star framelits dies (Sizzix); Notebook die (Lil Inker Designs); Small matted stitched rectangle (Lil Inker Designs); silver star brads; primary candy dots (StampinUp); Kraft cording; pop dots.

The sentiment is a new stamp from Impression Obsession and I thought it would be great for this card.  I made a little chalkboard out of black and kraft cardstocks and stamped the sentiment in Versamark and embossed with white powder.  Then, I took white chalk ink and moved my stamp a bit and stamped over the embossed one.  And, I saw the color block paper in my stash and it reminded me of a box of crayons so I decided to use it.  The card kind of came together then but I had the hardest time deciding where to place the flare sticker.  I did use my new notebook die from Lil'Inker Designs which I think added a little more school touch.  And as I said, I don't really have any "school" elements so I used silver star brads and enamel dots to embellish. 

For Following Challenges:




 I used the sketch



Something Old/Something New

Old:  DP paper, Flare sticker, silver star brads
New:  Notebook paper die, Sentiment stamp, candy dots


Happy "PINK" Labor Day 
Blessings!


x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

4 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW, this is a TOTALLY AWESOME colorful bright take on the sketch!!! SO MUCH fun and love the crayons next to the card too, just a wonderful inspiration piece! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!

Leanne said...

Happy Labour Day from Canada too...we just spell ours differently..hahaha, so happy you have shared your card with us for our challenge. Great job, love the stars, and the color pops...it sure has some awesomeness...way to go!

Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks

Lesley said...

Such a great job! Colourful and bold, and perfect for this time of year! Thank you for playing at The Challenge!

Jeanne J. said...

I love all the bright color - this is so fun and fabulous!