Featured Slider

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Playtime Winter Penguin

Hello again!

I told you I was back-logged.  What I didn't tell you is that I did an epic FAIL, you know like in one of those photos on Facebook?  The digital image on my card (below) was the freebie on the 2 Cute Ink Newsletter this month. I'm on the design team for 2 Cute Ink and was SUPPOSE to have my card done earlier last week.  I did it about five days ago but it got piled in a stack to post online and well....the Facebook challenge ended yesterday.  Winners were announced today. Um, clearly I need a new organizational method come the New Year....that will be at the top of the resolution pile!  lol

SPIES:
STAMPS: Playtime Winter Penguin Digital stamp (2Cute Ink).
PAPER: White cardstock base (Core'dinations).  Cotton candy pink cardstock (Bazzill).  DP -Secret Santa (K&Company).
INK: Onyx black on sentiment (Versafine);  Copics on image.
EXTRAS: Doily die (My Favorite Things); Tag die (Sizzix); Stitched circle mat (Lil' Inker Designs); snowflake emboss folder (Cuttlebug); white sequins; snowflake button; Frosted Lace Stickles; white flocking powder, hammer.

Anyway, here it is and just in time too for the challenge I made the card for.  Thank goodness it's still going on !  

I used one of my fave techniques with my embossing on it.  If you haven't seen this technique, I put just part of my cardbase in my emboss folder, took a small craft hammer and lightly pounded the folder in random areas to emboss just parts of the card.  I love this look.  I got it from Arielle Gordon a while back on her blog.  She's one of those trendy go-to gals I'm always being inspired by!

At any rate, stop by 2 Cute Ink and sign up for the monthly newsletter.  Each month there is a free digi that everyone is encouraged to use and enter the monthly challenge on Facebook.  Check it out!  

For Following Challenges:

CAS on Sunday - #48 Sketch

Holiday Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

3 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

I love the sweet and simple embossing and that great red tag

anja curvers said...

Adorable, so sweet. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Janneke said...

What a cute card ;o)

Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!