Featured Slider

Monday, March 9, 2015

Carolina On My Mind


Good Morning!  Hope wherever you are it's beginning to warm up.  Here in central NC we are having a couple days of nice 70 degree sunny weather!  I'll take it!

No matter your weather, it's always a good time to check out the latest challenge Ella has created over at
 This week is a technique --- SHAPED CARDS


Of course, for this, I thumbed through my templates (I have a few) from The Cutting Cafe.  With March Madness upon us, my youngest son's 21st birthday in a month and his college graduation on Mother's Day, I decided to make him a special birthday card.  He's a Tar Heel, hence, the Carolina t-shirt card!  I started out thinking I'd die cut the letters and numbers, but my letter dies are kind of small.  So, I pulled out the ole scrapbook stickers.  I not only found alphabet and number stickers, I found some UNC stickers.  So I fussy cut one for the Ram mascot sticker.  The back of the shirt is just like the front.  Inside, I printed the UNC alma mater.  I should have taken photos of the back and inside.  If I get a chance later I will and repost them here.

For Following Challenges:





PINK Elephant Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

7 comments:

Bridie said...

Brilliant card

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Happy Monday!

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

cm said...

Your son will be delighted with this special 'made for him' card! Fabulous inspiration for the challenge! I'm so thrilled to be joining TPE again this week!
~c

kadie said...

Super fun card, Nance! Great idea! hugs, kadie

~ginny said...

Makes a great shaped card Nance - thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us at 613 Ave C!
~ginny,
DT for 613 Ave Create – [ ATG w/optional twist of use Aquamarine]
Owner: RubberMAD at [GettyCollection.com]

Mandy LaCroix said...

This is too cool! I love it! I need to try this idea for my son. Brilliant!!! :)

Tracy Ercole said...

Another great card. Shaped cards are so fun.