Featured Slider

Monday, March 16, 2015

Celtic Crossings


Color Challenge:  Use GREEN

St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow!  
Erin Go Bragh!

So Ella's team have all made cards using the color green for the occasion!  For mine, I had hoped to have a cross die or stamp, but I don't.  Actually I do, but it's very small, so I just used it as a guide to make a larger Celtic cross for my card:
I decided to use the Irish flag colors.  I used an embossing border folder for the cross pieces and used the negative side because I liked how it showed up better.  I have some small celtic stamps and I used one for the inner circle, cutting it down and then popping up the center. The back circle I stamped with another decorative flourish circle stamp and then added a scalloped circle die behind it.  I embossed the background with a decorative background I thought looked more celtic then added layers of light green, orange and dark green.   

You'd think with a maiden name of Harrah (O'Hara before ancestors came to U.S.) and Irish blood my family would have been big on St. Patty's Day, but I think it got lost somewhere along the way.  But, since tracing my Dad's family back all the way to Antrim, Ireland, I do my own little St. Patty's celebrating.  And our neighbors have an annual St. Patrick's Day dinner party where I have a shot of Irish whiskey and Irish coffee with good food and get to catch up with all of our neighbors.  


For Following Challenges:

"May your day be touched
by a bit of Irish luck,
brightened by a song in your heart,
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love." 

Irish Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

7 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Wow!! The texture on this is absolutely amazing. Just a stunning creation... Have fun celebrating!

kadie said...

Oh, I love this, Nance! Perfect not only for the green theme, but also for the holiday. Great color and texture!

Patti J said...

I am amazed that you did this yourself, and that it wasn't a die! Absolutely gorgeous, Nance! The embossing texture makes the cross look so rich and elegant, and I love the white space! Great job - thanks for joining us at Great Impressions!

Mynn xx said...

Nance, this is AMAZING! LOVE all the beautiful layers and texture! This is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Diane said...

So very pretty....I would love to have you enter this in our challenge at "Classy Cards 'n Such", you just need to use an item the store carries, adhesive, scor-tape etc qualifies...the link is on my blog www.nelliesnest.blogspot.com

Sheri Gilson said...

Nance, this is AMAZING! Love all the layers and fabulous texture! Perfect for this weeks challenge. Happy St. Patty's day!

cm said...

Stunning card, Nance, rich with details and lovely textures! Classy and elegant, in my books! Enjoy the celebrations today! Again, I'm just so thrilled to be playing alongside the PTE team in this Pinch Me challenge!
~c