Featured Slider

Monday, March 16, 2015

Irish For A Day

Happy Monday!

I'm so late with this post!  So much going on this week and it's already not beginning on the right foot!  Oh well, hopefully by this afternoon things will flow better!  It's lunchtime and the sun is peaking out and brightening things and it's a warm day here in the Triangle!  

I have painting to do later, not the artsy kind either.  Well, I guess it's a little artsy, painting some old furniture for our bedroom.  So at least I can open the patio screen and get fresh air while I'm doing it!

Now back to the current task:
 Today is a new challenge at The Challenge!


Check out all of the team's projects:

Featured Designer for March

Guest Designer

Lesley Croghan - Always Playing with Paper (Creator)
Kim Heggins - Cupcakes, Cards and Kim
Kimberly Wiener -Wienerhoneymooners
Lee Barrett - Greyt Paper Crafts
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Maura - BeesMom
Nance Salkeld - (That's Me-below!)

Stay tuned --- in 2 weeks ---- 
Lots of fun changes happening at The Challenge!  

Another St. Patty's Day card from me.  I couldn't resist using my YNS Irish stamp set and farm critter set.  My sentiment stamp is soooooo old.  I think I got it from the $1 Bin at Michaels like five years ago.  It's also a little sad that with Irish blood in me, I own very few Irish/St. Patrick's Day stamps.  I really have never known a lot of people to send St. Patty's Day cards much.  So this year I did invest in a couple new stamp sets for it.  For me, it's more of a party day to sit back with friends or family and have a Guinness or Irish coffee, listen to Gaelic Storm or Irish Rovers or maybe go to an Irish pub.  Since living in NC, our neighbors (Irish) throw a St. Patty's party so it's always fun to go there. 

Unfortunately my photograph makes my bright pink background look orangey.  Ick.  But it really is the same color as the pink band on the hat.    So I went back and edited my card so the pink showed up more.  Hopefully it does.

'Beannachtam na Feile Padraig!'
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

4 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

This is such a super cute, bright card!! A Guinness, huh?! So what you're saying is that you like your beer to be able to crawl out of its mug? :D

cm said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Nance! Your card is pure delight, with that sweet lion sporting his Patty's Day look! Vivid, bold and fabulous!
~c

Kim Heggins said...

LOVE your card...hoping your St. Patrick's Day was as festive and fun as your card is. I just love it.

wienerhoneymooners said...

This was so aweseome when I spied it before posting!!! I JUST ADORE it Nance!!! Truly a perfect blend of color and the sketch!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!