Featured Slider

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Purple Dragons & Pinwheels

Another celebratory card for Cupcake Inspirations 300th Celebration:


I used the stamp set "Blow Me Away" from SugarPea Designs, one of our sponsors.  I was still playing around with dye inks and sponging techniques and this is what evolved.  I set a circle die on top of the middle top layer on top of the background layer and then sponged it all together.  Then, I cut a circle die out of the top layer with a stitched circle mat from Lil Inker Designs.The inside background is a mini chevron stencil from Heidi Swapp that I sponged with the same colors of the rest of the card.  I used Grape Jelly, Pear Tart and Bahama Blue from Memento.   I colored the dragon and pinwheel with Blicks and Copics and fussy cut them then popped them up.  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine and embossed it with clear emboss powder to hopefully dry it quicker, but it did still smear a little.  I was originally going to make a shaker card but then decided to leave it as is with some sequins and enamel dots.


I recently took a class on Stamp Nation on Dye Ink Pads and the versatile ways to use dye inks.  I used some of the techniques, that I was already familiar with on this card.  But wanted to give them a shout out too.



For Following Challenges:
 Lil' Red Wagon -#280 Cute, Cute, Cute


Sweet Cupcake Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

4 comments:

JanR said...

Love how you did the background. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Anita in France said...

Brilliant, vibrant colours, Nancy ... and what a sweet image ... adorable! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet comment ... I so appreciate it! Anita :)

Becca Cruger said...

Wow! What a funky cool card! Love all the tie-dye-ish background effects here. I don't know if you ever saw Dragon Tales, the kids cartoon show, but I lived on it growing up and this card totally brought a GRIN to my face because it reminded me of that.

Anita said...

An awesome card and I love the colors!