Featured Slider

Saturday, October 3, 2015

GEEEK!

Happy World Cardmaking Day!  It's winding down in a few hours but I've been busy at my craft table working on cards.  So thought I'd take a break and post at least one for the day.  Some of the others are for my DT posts so I can't share them just yet.

But here is a fun and goofy one I did --


I saw the "Geek" challenge at City Crafter and thought I'd do a fun geeky card in the spirit of Halloween.  The glasses are a die from Paper Smooches and the letters are from an alphabet die from Lil' Inkers Designs I believe.  I used a small dot stamp from my Ellen Hutson Bokeh Dot stamp set and stamped eyes with Versamark and then embossed them with glow-in-the-dark emboss powder.  I took a photo in the dark, it didn't come out very well, but I'm sharing it anyway so you see they do glow in the dark.  I wish I had glow in the dark paper and I would have cut out the work in it so it could glow too.  I don't have any alpha stamps with me either right now or I had done that.  That would have made it a little more fun in the dark.  But I like the effect the emboss powder gives the card in light too!


So I forgot to add the pic of the card in the dark!  Here it is --


I actually texted it to my kids last night saying "I see you!  You see me?"  I'm sure they just rolled their eyes!  LOL   To me it looks like a cat in the dark.  

FOR FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:


GEEKY Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

5 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

How fabulous is this!!! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Marina said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as 'glow in the dark' ep! This is fabulous, fun and stylish and perfect for our Geek Chic challenge. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Diane Jaquay said...

Ha ha, this is really FUN!!

Stella said...

This is brilliant! A perfect take on our theme and I love the CAS design; wow! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How fun, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!