Featured Slider

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Sending Golden Hugs

Good evening!  
I have another post this evening of a card I've been working on for a while now and finally finished it this week.  I just love this stamp set, Stay Golden, by Kindred Stamps.  Do you recognize them?   The Golden Girls!  How adorable are they?  

I had shown the set to my son and daughter inlaw and they asked me to do a get-well card for a friend of theirs who loves The Golden Girls.  I've been needing to practice more coloring and so this provided me a good chance.  I still need more practice, particularly with hair.    

The stamps are not actually as large as they are on my card. I wanted to try and enlarge them a bit so I used my copier to enlarge them.  I colored them with Copics, mounted it on plaid pattern paper from My Favorite Things, then added the sentiments.  The sentiments are from two different stamp sets.  "We are sending you" is from Hero Arts' Support Prayers Love set.  The 'Hugs" word die is from Say It-Hugs by Technique Tuesday.




Golden Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

3 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

the golden girls, so funny. BTW I'm in awe of your enlarging. I've never tried using the computer to change anything :)

Kim Heggins said...

OH my...I love the Golden Girls and what a fabulous card! Just the perfect card to make anyone feel better.

Bonnie said...

What fun and perfect for a get well card! These gals are sure to bring a smile and make anyone feel better!