Featured Slider

Thursday, March 8, 2018

4 Crafty Chicks #393 - ATG + Bleach Technique Twist

Good Morning Thursday!

Hope you having a good week, it's almost over!

I'm hostess today for the new challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!



I like learning and doing different techniques in cardmaking.  I've done the bleach technique before but it's been a while so I thought it would be fun to head up a challenge using it.

There are several tutorials on how to do it, and there are even faux bleach techniques if you would rather have the look without dealing with actual bleach.  The finished projects with bleach don't smell like it, and if you use an aqua painter filled with bleach, it doesn't really have an odor.  Either way, it's a fun look.  Mine I did with an aqua painter, now a bleach painter.


SPIES:
STAMPS: Blooming Bunch (Studio Katia); Spring Bouquet (Avery Elle); Happy Birthday - "Spring Bouquet" (Avery Elle); Thinking of You "Hand Drawn Florals (Avery Elle).
PAPER: Neenah white cardstock, 80 lb; Pink Pirouette cardbase (Stampin'Up); backgrounds made from Catherine Pooler Inks.
INK: Peppermint Scrub, Rose Petals, Shea Butter (Catherine Pooler Inks); Champagne Mist All Purpose Ink (Tsukineko).
EXTRAS: Scalloped stitched frame (WPlus9); banner die (Reversed Confetti); Rounded rectangle die (WPlus9); Silver sequins; white pearl gems; white silk string.

I wound up making two cards for this week.  I had been playing around with my bleach-filled aqua painter and my first card was the rosy one.  I wasn't sure I was gong to use it as a couple bleach spots came out too much, but in the end I decided to use it as well.  

The first one I inked white cardstock with Rose Petals pink, then sponged around edges with Peppermint Scrub.  I used my emboss buddy before stamping the image in Rose Petals a couple times using my Misti, then quickly applied clear emboss powder.  Then I colored areas of the image with an aquapainter filled with bleach.  A couple spots came out a little much, but I decided to still finish the card and show it.  I finished it off with a Happy Birthday sentiment stamped in Rose Petals on Pink Pirouette cardstock with a frame of Peppermint scrub around it.  I mounted the whole thing on a Pink Pirouette card base.  I also added some sparkly paint to the middle of the flowers for a little more sparkle.

My second card I made a cardbase from Neenah 80 lb cardstock.  Then I inked up some white cardstock with Shea Butter ink by Catherine Pooler.  I did the same technique on this one, stamping in Shea Butter then embossing with clear powder before coloring part of the lilies with bleach.  I cut out the scalloped frame and coordinating inside frame, bumped up the inside frame and cut a banner for the sentiment out of the same Shea butter cardstock and stamped the sentiment several times in Shea Butter.  I added the pearls and string bow for finishing touches.

Be sure and stop by the Hen House and check out Leanne, Lori, Amy, Tangii and our March Guest, Angela's beautiful bleached projects.  Then, play along with us either just as Anything Goes or with the added Bleach Twist.  You have until Wednesday to play along!

Crafty Chick Blessings!



6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! These are gorgeous, Nance! I love the look of this technique but have never had the nerve to try it. It seems that if I go near bleach I get spots on my clothes. Thanks for putting tutorials on the Chicks blog. Maybe next time we get together you can give me a live tutorial?

Lori Turner said...

WOW, girl! These are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You did great on this challenge...I think I have to use a different color than Crumb Cake next time - mine don't look bleached out enough...these are so pretty! Have a wonderful week xoxoxo

Mac Mable said...

Great technique and such a stunning effect on both cards x

Leanne said...

Stunning my friend, love it, a great challenge for us to try, this is a very cool technique. Pretty flowers and I love them. Hugs, L :)

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Nance, wow, the bleach did pull the colour off. Love both of them :)

Tangii said...

So, so pretty Nance! I'm thinking I may need to try the Aqua Painter method <3 Thanks for a great challenge and the inspiration. {{hugs}}