Featured Slider

Thursday, May 3, 2018

4CC #401 ATG and Celebrate Women Twist

It's Thursday, Y'ALL! 
<insert southern drawl)

WOW, the week went way too darn fast! LOL

It's time for another challenge
at 
4 Crafty Chicks all ready!


Leanne is our hostess and she is requesting
we celebrate women!
 Mothers Day in North America is May 13th, just 10 Days away!  So, I decided to make a Mother's Day card.  Some of the Hubs' colleagues sometimes request Mom cards from me so I made a couple extra.  I made my background using a layered oxide technique shown by Jennifer McGuire on her blog.  She has such amazing talent and has so many great tutorials that she shares.  They are great for a boost of creativity when you're lacking and I have been lacking lately.  First, I inked up an entire piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.  (Now I need some oxide reinkers because I didn't get them before <sigh>). I gave it a quick dry then stamped the background stamp, Doodle Garden by Catherine Pooler Designs onto it using Abandon Coral Oxide ink.  It's a little more vibrant than it looks in the photo.  I had a time getting a good photo of it, even with my manual settings.  Anyway, when it was dry, I smoothed on some Tim Holtz Distress Glaze which gave it a little glossy feel and a little protection too. The heart was cut from Abandon Coral Oxide inked cardstock and the sentiment is also Abandon Coral.  

So be sure and stop by the Hen House and see the rest of my fellow Chicks' projects, all oh so pretty!  Leave them some blog love cause they love comments too!  Then get inky and play with us, either with ATG or play the twist and Celebrate Women with us!

Stamp Supplies:
STAMPS: Doodle Garden (Catherine Pooler Designs); Sentiment from Strictly Sentiments 4 (WPlus9).
PAPER: Neenah Solar White cardstock 80 and 110 lb(cardbase); Vellum (my stash).
INK: Peacock Feathers and Abandon Coral Distress Oxides (Tim Holtz).
EXTRAS:  Mom word die (Lil' Inkers Designs); Label die (Lil' Inker Designs); Wonky Stitched Rectangle die (Stamplorations). Sequin from stash.

Crafty Chick Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! What a cool background! I would not have thought to stamp the coral over the blue. I can imagine that it is even more impressive IRL! Fantastic Mother's Day card!

Christine Alexander said...

wow Nance, I thought you used coloured card stock with the depth of colour. Love the simple embossing against that amazing background.

Lori Turner said...

Oh hey, this is such an awesome card, Nance! This background is neat - I might have to check that out...Have a wonderful weekend chickie!

Leanne said...

Such a beautiful card, love the background and the die is wonderful. Way to go girl. Hugs, L:)

Tangii said...

Looks fantastic!!! So very pretty :-)