Featured Slider

Thursday, May 10, 2018

4CC #402 Polished Stone Twist

It's Thursday, WOW!

The weeks are just zooming by! 

It's time for a new challenge 
at
4 Crafty Chicks!
I'm hosting and I chose an old technique as the Twist this week, 
the polished stone technique with alcohol inks.

I spent an afternoon playing around with this technique and ended up with many backgrounds.  This was one of my favorites. It reminds me of the ocean.  I used the wave dies from My Favorite Things and cut a second set out of gold vellum so each layer would stand out.  

Make sure and stop by the Hen House and check out the rest of the chicks' beautiful projects!  Everyone did an awesome job with the polished stone technique!  Then come play with us either with our regular ATG or try out the Polished Stone Twist!

Card Supplies:
STAMPS: Mermaid's Tail (Essentials by Ellen); Sentiment from Ocean Wisdom (Stampendous).
PAPER: Neenah Solar White 110 lb; Yupo paper; Gold Vellum.
INK: Versamark. Fiesta Blue (Catherine Pooler); Patina, Sailboat Blue, Aquamarine and Gold Mixative Alcohol Inks (Tim Holtz).
EXTRAS: Gold Emboss Powder (Wow); Wave emboss folder (Stampin'Up); Wave die (My Favorite Things); Gold sequins (Michaels).

For Following Challenges:

Crafty Chick Blessings!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh my how this has WOW factor so pretty, awesome challenge and very nice my friend. Hugs, L

Bonnie said...

That mermaid's tail is AWESOME, Nance! Love the waves of polished stone and how you've highlighted each one!

Christine Alexander said...

your polished stone technique looks wonderful. so perfect for the sea. Love that mermaid die and your embossing folder so much movement in the card.

Lori Turner said...

This is gorgeous, Nance! I love that background you made with this technique - such a rich, deep blue! Hope your having a wonderful weekend xoxoxo

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Totally stunning!!! Amazing texturing, and the colors. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!