Featured Slider

Thursday, May 3, 2018

CAS Christmas Card Challenge - May 2018 - Snowman

Hello again!  
It's a beautiful sunny warm day here in central NC.  
We are experiencing a bit of a heat wave presently, 
so it feels more like July.  
At least the humidity is down and the pollen is gone! 
My head is grateful!  

With that said, there's a "cool" challenge starting today over at 
Susan is our hostess this month 
and 
Snowman is the theme.


I do have a few snowmen stamps/dies and I chose to use one I've had for a long time but have never used, one of those NBUS or rather NBUD (never before used die) from Paper Smooches, the "Melted Snowman" die.  

I bought this because it reminded me of a Christmas globe I bought my hubs a long time ago when we were first married.  It's a plastic snowglobe called "the incredible melting snowman".  All it is is a snowglobe with water in it with a nose, eyes, buttons and a hat floating around.  He still has it and I set it out every year.  What can I say, we're a "puny" kind of couple.  hahaha

So here is my version of the melting snowman on my card:
It's all dies except for the sentiment, which is by Fiskers and the scarf is cut from paper stamped with the plaid stamp by Catherine Pooler in Catherine Pooler ink.  I don't remember who the stitched snow hills are by.  I really need to spend about 3-4 days re-organizing and labeling all of my stamps and dies.  I need to get in the habit of doing it when I get new ones.  

Now stop over at the CAS Christmas Card Challenge blog and see what all the other ladies on the team have created for this month's Snowman theme.  They are so fabulous and fun, the cards AND the ladies!  Then, play along with us and get some snowmen cards created for your Christmas stash, remember to keep it CAS (clean and simple)!

Card Supplies:
STAMPS: Sentiment "Winter Wishes" set (Fiskars); Plaid stamp (Catherine Pooler)
PAPER: Neenah solar white cardstock; White glitter paper (Recollections); Midnight (Catherine Pooler); Orange from stash; Chocolate (Catherine Pooler).
INK: Rockin' Red (Catherine Pooler).
EXTRAS: Melted Snowman Die set (Paper Smooches); Stitched hills (maybe Spellbinders).


CAS Christmas Blessings!


12 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, this is so clever, Nance! I love how you placed all the elements and your plaid scarf is beautiful! Love your puny sentiment, too...Fun card!!!

Loll said...

No wonder you had to buy this fun snowman die, Nance. Love that you got something similar for your hubby and put it out every Christmas. Love traditions! This makes such a fun card. I love the plaid scarf to give a little punch of colour! Great design! xx

Trina P. said...

So fun and punny, Nance! Love the story and idea behind your card. That PS die is perfect. xx

Bonnie said...

What a delightful snowman, Nance! I grin every time I see him! He'd be a puddle here today!

Christine Alexander said...

Nance, what a great snowman, love the fact that he fell over :)

Julia Aston said...

Poor Frosty already melting! a really cute design!

Leslie Miller said...

Too cute! The sentiment is perfect with your melting snowman. It gives me a giggle. Love his red plaid scarf. Beautifully done with your NBUD!

Susan said...

Your card made me laugh! Love the deconstructed snowman - and a great sentiment with the word "warm" in it to give a reason for him melting! I liked your story about the snowglobe!

Marcia Hill said...

What a cute, CUTE melted snowman and absolutely perfect sentiment Nance! LOVE this card!! :0)

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun card, which I love! Loved the story too about the snow-globe you bought your husband, which made me chuckle. Great representation of that with this wonderful card x

nancy littrell said...

What a fun melting snowman die cut set, Nance. I love the simplicity of your CAS design. TFS Hugs...

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a punny and cute card, Nance! It totally makes me giggle. I love your story behind this card and your clever CAS card design!
The red plaid scarf is a pretty accent. Hideko xx