Featured Slider

Friday, June 1, 2012

Retro Graduate



Trying to get this posted tonight but my computer is not cooperating very well.  UGH!  A masculine graduation card with a retro grungy feel to it for Retro Sketches #13 and Moxie Fab "Splatters" challenges.
I love the splatter effect I got with my paint. I also stamped white stars and arrows on the "splattered" paper. Then I distressed the paper before cutting it in two pieces to layer them.


 


Moxie Fab Splatter Technique Challenge


SPIES:
Stamps:  Graduate - Digital Stamp(StitchyStamps); Stars; Arrows, diploma (Fiskars); Sentiment (not sure)
Paper: DP-EcoModern(K&Co). White, slate blue and orange brown cardstock.
Ink:  White chalk ink (Versa Magic) and Staz On Jet Black.  Icy white, cocoa acrylic paint.
Extras:  Alpha emboss folder; big dots emboss folder; stars punch; stars Framelits (Sizzix) ; Notebook border punch; black ribbon; sander (Tim Holtz).



2 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Doesn't that figure, you make time to post something & then Blogger says 'Um, no. Don't think so.' ARgh! Glad it worked out, though - I love the paint splatters! They're so vibrant on the blue.

Jackie Rockwell said...

LOVE the splatter effect —I thought it was part of a patterned paper. LOOKS FANTASTIC! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!