Featured Slider

Monday, October 1, 2012

Autumn Air



Wow!  Already it is October!  Autumn IS in the air, you can smell it!  I tried my hand at another gift bag using the tree stamp again I used on a previous card.   The leaves have yet to change here in the Triangle of North Carolina, but this bag has made me want to break out my sweaters.

As I mentioned I used the tree stamp from Autumn Silhouettes and used Staz On Timber Brown ink.  I cut it out and then used chocolate brown, ruby red and gold dimensional pearls for an even more 3-d effect.   I placed it on the doily die cut I cut using My Favorite Things doily die cut through my Big Shot.  The background was made from brown cardstock embossed  with Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Imperial folder.  I adhered a rectangle of DP from Crate Paper Farmhouse collection, which I stitched a border around beforehand.  I also added a scallop border on one side of the DP, using Taylored Expressions large scallop border die cut. 

The banner was made from Sizzix triangle framelits, cut and then sewn to add some texture.  Then, I cut out stamped leaves I colored with red, yellow and green inks and dimensional pearls. The banners were glued onto kraft rope.

I inked the sentiment stamp with three different colors at once and placed on a border matching the cardstock used for the scallop border and placed a couple of stamped and cut out leaves alongside it for the finishing touch.









SPIES:
Stamps:  Tree (Kanban); Leaves (The Paper Co.); Sentiment
Paper:  White bag; Brown, blossom cardstock; DP-Farmhouse (Crate Paper).
Ink:  Staz On Timber Brown; Scarlet, Sunbeam, Pistachio ink.  Dimensional pearls.
Extras:  Triangle Framelits (Sizzix); Doily Die Cut (My Favorite Things); Scallop border die cut (Taylored Expressions); brown thread; kraft rope.



2 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous Autumn gift bag!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is really pretty! Lots of pretty details and I can feel Fall with your beautiful gift bag!