Featured Slider

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Scrabble Love









So I was busy this weekend crafting for World Card Making Day and cooking dinner for my youngest son, who graced us with his presence for one night to he could get a haircut and do laundry before rushing back to Chapel Hill this afternoon to study for mid terms.

In all that excitment, I almost forgot to post this for the Tuesday Trigger challenge at Moxie Fab World.  I have more to post but will be doing later as the other challenges don't expire tonight!

I loved working on this card.  I have had the scrabble paper for a long time --- 10 years in fact!  As I was digging through letters, I remembered it was in my drawer and then I remembered I had those wooden scrabble letters as well.  The designer paper pack, Hello Summer, from Echo Park goes perfect with the scrabble paper.  I did struggle a bit with the scrabble letters at first.  I had spelled out "forever" and it was just too long so I just took a letter and covered it up with the red heart button and placed a number four sticker on top.

I thought the pinwheel added a good playful touch in the top corner and also carried over the polka dot paper.  I didn't like a traditional bow behind the pinwheel so I just did a layered ribbon look.  Voila!

Soup To Nuts - Tues Trigger


SPIES:
Stamps:  None
Paper:  DP:  Scrabble (EK Success); Hello Summer (Echo Park). Kraft cardstock.
Ink: None
Extras:  Scrabble letter tiles; Fancy Square Framelit (Sizzix); Pinwheel die (Tim Holtz); Scallop border(Fiskars); blue buttons; red heart button; #4 sticker; light blue ribbon; twine; blue elastic twine.

2 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Fabulousness! I love that paper (um, yeah, I would still be hoarding it too!) and the tiles :) Too too fun! And kids...sneaky little buggers ;) Bet you loved having him home even for the night!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Nance! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)