Featured Slider

Friday, November 23, 2012

Grow Where U R Planted!



Happy Black Friday!  Hope all in the U.S. had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know my family and I did!  The first time in two years both of my boys were home again.  We've had a great week but now it begins to end, with our oldest and his fiance flying back to Oklahoma tomorrow.   Thought I'd share a couple family photos we took earlier in the week when my brother was here with us.  Seems fitting with this post.

My family were real troopers and humoring me by letting me set up these photos.  I'm now thinking I should have had everyone rake up the leaves when we were done.  Our yard is nothing but a blanket of leaves and of course, the leaf sucker truck came by today!

So now onto my card, a fall themed card for this week's Drunken Stampers challenge.  Oh, and btw, check out my previous post --- I was Life of the Party for last week's Drunken Stamper's challenge!




























I've had some fabric pieces that I bought at a local flea market that I have been wanting to use.  So, I had the idea to make some fabric trees.  I used my Sizzix ovals die to make the tree tops, using the smaller of the three dies.  I made the trunks out of brown cardstock, made a v-cut for branches on one end and then ran all of them through my paper crimper for more texture.

I inked the white card front with Distress ink, using Mustard Seed and Tea Dye colors to get a kind of vintage look to the background and the background of the sentiment.  I used more fabric to make the ribbon background for the sentiment.  Final touches were the purple brads and the dragonfly brad.

SPIES:
Stamps:  Sentiment - TPC Studio.
Paper: White and brown cardstock.  Fabric.
Ink:  Timber Brown (Staz On).  Mustard Seed & Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger Ink).
Extras: Purple brads.  Dragonfly brad.  Paper crimper.  Oval die (Sizzix).

2 comments:

Donna said...

Great card Nance!
Glad you joined us again at Drunken Stampers this week! I love your fabric trees!
Thanks for playing along with the Cut, Crop & Die challenge!!

Jessi Fogan said...

WAITAMINIT, they have a leaf sucker truck? What the heck is that?? And as for raking, teenage boys are great at that. Just don't feed them until they're done, and they get a whole lot done ;) lol. I'll send mine down for you!
I love the colours you've used - super fun :)