Featured Slider

Monday, March 25, 2013

Friends Forever

Happy Monday everyone!  I have another spring like card.  Maybe all the spring/Easter cards being posted will help the weather to actually cooperate!  LOL?  I started this card by making my own stamped background using Memento Pear Tart ink on a mottled type pink cardstock.  I stamped it with a flourish stamp from Autumn Leaves Stampology set.  I cut some of the background into the larger and smaller flower petals also.  The other patterned flower petal is from Basic Grey Sweet Threads.


I love this silhouette stamp of girls dancing in flowers.  I find it very whimsical!  I wanted it to be soft so I stamped it in Angel Pink and fussy cut around the top and sides of it.  The sentiment stamp is from a set of sentiments, Retro Greetings, by The Paper Company, all designed with their own cute label design around the sentiment.  I stamped this in the Pear Tart and fussy cut it also.

I popped up the image on a background of a lime green cardstock embossed with a lattice emboss folder backed on pink cardstock with pink decorative photo corners "bradded" on the top corners.  I also added a strip of green lattice embossed cardstock along the bottom of the card as a paper ribbon or border for the sentiment.

The flower is formed together with a pretty clear pink plastic flower button left over from one of my Taylored Expressions monthly kits.  I strung it through kraft twine, made a bow behind the button, added beads to the ends and then looped the twine behind and up over the sentiment.  The beads I have had for years from a bead/necklace kit that never got made.


Doesn't it just make you want to find a May pole or a field of wildflowers and go running through them?  If only the weather would help out right?  I've entered this card into the challenges at Stampin' Royalty and In The Pink.



SPIES:
Stamps:  Sentiment (The Paper Company Studio); background flourish (Autumn Leaves); Girls silhouette-Dancing with Flowers (Hero Arts).
Paper:  Light mottled pink cardstock; kiwi kiss cardstock. DP (Basic Grey, Sweet Threads).
Ink: Pear Tart and Angel Pink (Memento).
Extras:  Lattice emboss folder (Cuttlebug); decorative photo corners (Sizzix); Blossom die (Lifestyle Crafts); white brads; twine; pink beads.


Spring Blessings!


x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

3 comments:

Christine L said...

Gorgeous silhouette image and such a fabulous flower on your lovely card..

Thanks for sharing at In the PINK... hope to see you here again soon with another fabbie PINK creation!

Hugs
Christine x

Jessi Fogan said...

That flower button? Totally precious - and I love that dancing girls stamp too! Isn't it crazy how much craft stuff we collect over time? I have SCADS of beads & of course now that I'm making the occasional stick pin...I think I need more beads. (I really, really don't. Honestly.)

Jessi Fogan said...

Me again! This time to tell you that I have a blog award for you:
http://onecraftymama-onecraftymama.blogspot.ca/2013/04/liebster-award-blushes.html