Featured Slider

Friday, October 11, 2013

Holiday Notes

Another post today.  I've been away from my crafting room since Wednesday.  I'm beginning to have stamping withdrawals!  :O  I went to my first craft fair Wednesday at a local rehab center near the hospital where my Hubs works.  It was for hospital employees/families to sell.  Unfortunately, it was not much of a success for any of the sellers.  Bad location, bad advertising.  It was suppose to last six hours and within three hours half the sellers had left.  The Hubs went and helped me and I did make three sales and at least made back my entry free.  So, for my first time, it wasn't all bad.  I met and networked with some other crafters, got some good fair tips and even bought something!  I at least now have my feet wet in the craft fairing business.

After the fair, I had to catch up on some much needed sleep and house cleaning.  Now, I'm ready to get crafty again!  So I thought I'd get some posting done first as I have a couple cards for challenges.  Here is another one for Less Is More:

I made for small 3x3 note cards and even made the envelopes to go with them with the nifty envelope maker I bought from Taylored Expressions.

I stamped each image and sentiment in London Gray and then placed a snowflake embossed frame around the stamped image.  Then, I added some diamond stickles to select parts of each image to make them sparkle.  It is hard to see the sparkle in this group shot. Hopefully it shows up better in these individual shots:









SPIES:
STAMPS: Snowflake-"Very Merry"(Taylored Expressions); Harp, star & wreath; sentiments - "Joy To The World"(Taylored Expressions); Happy Holiday sentiment -"Sparkle & Cheer"(Taylored Expressions); Peace, hope love sentiment - "Seasons Greetings" (Fiskars).
PAPER: white cardstock.
INK: London fog gray (Memento).
EXTRAS: Diamond stickles; Merry Christmas emboss folder (Sizzix).


More to come...

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Wow what a fab set of cards Nance.
I hope we'll see a lot more of your work at "Less is More"
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jessi Fogan said...

I think these are gorgeous! What a fun little gifty set.
And you already know my opinion on the craft fair thing...love that you aren't discouraged, because you shouldn't be. Your work is awesome & you will find the right place!