Featured Slider

Monday, May 12, 2014

By The Sea...


Happy Monday!

Hope all the Moms and Grandmas had
a wonderful Mother's Day!

Today is Pink Elephant Day --

another great challenge

over at 




It's an Inspiration Challenge!


Here's the inspiration photo:

Nautical

And here's my card:


SPIES
STAMPS: Puddle Jumper Melody Digital Stamp (ByLoriBoyd); Seagulls (
PAPER: White, red and royal cardstock. DP - from stash -- very old.
INK: Tuxedo Black (Momento); Copics on digital image.
EXTRAS:  Sentiment stickers; Rectangle stitched mats (Reverse Confetti); small circle die (Spellbinders); triangle die (Spellbinders); Striped ribbon; Pier button; tan hemp cord (for sailor's knots).



I recently bought the new set of Lori Boyd digital stamps at ByLoriDesigns and so I decided to use another one for this week's DT card for The Pink Elephant Challenge.  Afterall, Lori is Co-Founder/Co-owner of The Pink Elephant Challenge!  

So, I chose Puddle Jumper Melody because of her cute little striped dress.  I immediately thought navy/white stripe dress.  Well, it started out that way. Then, I got so engrossed in coloring, I colored one stripe too many!  LOL!  But, I think it turned out just as "nautical" this way.  

I was at a loss other than how I wanted to color the image.  Then, after looking through some scrapbook boxes of unfinished photo projects, I hit the mother-load of nautical/beach/ocean scrapbook paper and such that I forgot i had!  So, I thought the two patterns I chose were perfect.  

I even made my own life saver by cutting a small circle die.  Then, using the small circle that goes with my tag die, I cut the hole out in the middle.  Then, I used a very small triangle die to cut the red pieces, glued them on, and trimmed the excess.  I also decided to use sailor's knots.  I had to Google how to tie a sailor's knot to make two of them on top of the decorative ribbon.

I was kind of stumped about the sentiment.  I don't have any nautical type sentiments.  But I did find nautical/beach sentiment stickers in that scrapbook box.  I haven't used sentiment stickers on cards since my very first days/months of card making back in 2005.  

Next, I thought I needed something along with the lifesaver and lo and behold, I remembered I had some decorative beachy buttons --- the pier button.  The seagulls are from one of those stamp sets you get at Michaels in a box I got on sale a long time ago.  So there you have it.  

And don't forget to stop over at The Pink Elephant Challenge Blog and see what my fellow design team members have made and leave them some blog luvin.  

While you are at it, stop over at ByLoriDesigns and check out her shop of digis.  There is a new artist, Dawn Moore, on board with her new releases and Lori's own young daughter, Ella, also has her own line of digi stamps, SoElla.  They are all soooo adorable! 

Then, use this week's inspiration photo to inspire your creativity and share it by linking it up at the TPE blog.  You can use whatever products you want.  

We love to have you play and inspire us too!

For Following Challenges:





Pink Elephant Blessings!
x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

2 comments:

Mayras Designs said...

What a perfect nautical themed card !!! The design ,image, colors are beautiful, and fun !!! Hope you have a wonderful day !!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Alycia said...

I heart this!! Super cute. :)