Featured Slider

Monday, June 9, 2014

Dad's A Star!

SPIES:
STAMPS: Sentiment (Lawn Fawn).
PAPER: Navy, grey, silver cardstock.
INK:  Danube Blue (Momento).
EXTRAS: Star die (Spellbinders); Shirt die (My Favorite Things); Banner die (Reverse Confetti).


Another post today before my anniversary date day with the Hubs!

A colleague of my Hubs asked me to make a father's day card for her Dallas Cowboys fan boyfriend.  I have very little football stamps, maybe a small football stamp.  So, I had to do a little Google investigation on Cowboys logos and came up with making a tshirt withe the Cowboys star on it.  Well, then I realized, I don't have a tshirt die either, but I do have a onesie die.   I made a onesie to play around with and cut off the bottom part to a make a tshirt.  Then, I decided I wanted to inlay the shirt into the card.  This took a bit more effort.  I cut another onesie only this time, I stopped the cutting at the point where I had cut the shirt off to make just a tshirt.  Then, I took my trusty ole Xacto knife and ruler and cut across the bottom.  I now had an inlaid tshirt in the middle of my cardstock!  And, thus, I ran another onesie out of grey cardstock and this time just inlaid it behind my tshirt frame to hide the bottom part of the onesie. That helped the shirt stay secured better.  The bigger stars also have the smaller star inlaid in them.

For Following Challenges:









Father's Day Blessings!


x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

4 comments:

Cazro said...

Clever work on the onesie, great result, this has got to be a winner for the OH's colleague. Loving how you added all the elements to make a visual impact. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Thanks you for your GDT spot fapplication, good luck. Caz

Julie B said...

Great use of what you had available, necessity is the mother of invention! Thanks for joining in with our latest challenge at Cardz4Guyz and hope to see you again soon. :)

Susanne Rose said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. Hugs, Susanne

karalschuknecht said...

Great card very clever. Thanks for joining us this week for "Father's Day." Good Luck, and come back to join us again.

Karal DT for QKR Stampede
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner