Featured Slider

Monday, November 3, 2014

Triple Thanks - The Challenge #18

Good Morning!  It's the 1st Monday in November!  Wow!  The holidays are quickly approaching!  It's hard to believe.

I'm on my 2nd vacation week at the beach and loving it!  However, once I get home, I'm going to have to really get my mojo in gear and crank out the Christmas cards!  

But, for the moment ---- let's talk challenges.  

Today we have a new sketch/color combo at The Challenge --


At The Challenge --- you can use the Sketch, the Colors, OR BOTH!  Completely up to you!

And before I go on, I was remiss last challenge to welcome our newest member on The Challenge Design Team, Maura!  Welcome Maura!  

Her work is incredible so check her out as well as my other fellow design team members.  Everyone has major fabulous talent!

This month we have some Guest Designers playing along with us too --  

Welcome  
and
two very talented ladies!

Check out the rest of the Design Team's projects also and leave them some blog luvin':

Lesley Croghan-Owner/Creator
Nance Salkeld - ME

Below is my card:

SPIES:
PAPER: White cardbase; Brown cardstock (Core'dinations); Red embossed cardstock (Core'dinations ); Gold paper; DP-Red Damask (The Paper Studio).
EXTRAS: Teardrop circle die (Spellbinders); Stitched circle mat (Lil Inkers Designs); Thanks die (Taylored Expressions); leaft die (Taylored Expressions); small flower die (Paper Sweeties); Red gems.

I've been working on Thanksgiving cards and brought a few along on my vacation to finish up.  I love this week's sketch, it's so crisp and clean and great for CAS cards with a central focal point.  It's layered but still gives a very crisp, clean lined look.
FOR FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:


I chose the Clean & Layering Style for 
The Card Concept Challenge #22 - Thank "fall".  

4 Crafty Chicks - Crazy Egg Challenge (Anything Goes)

 "Challenge"-ing Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Amazing! Love the die cutting, Nance!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful card! Love that word die and your fab design with it!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely card, I never think of using my dies that way. Truly brilliant!! I love the frilly edge to the circle!!!... The gold too is lavishly lovely!!9

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card! Love the graduated Thanks and your pretty details.

Karren said...

My eyes just kept roaming over your card taking in all the fabulous details! The layered sentiment is a real stand-out and I love how you've used the colors.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love all those wonderful details.

~amy~ said...

gorgeous!

Cathy Weber said...

Your card really stood out to me in the Card Concept Gallery...so well done. I love the very bold colors and the layering is really good! Great idea to use the thanks three times...one of my favorite cards so far!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Nance,

You nailed it - both in color and in sketch. What a terrific idea to repeat the Thanks!

Blessings,
Barb

Lori Turner said...

Absolutely STUNNING card, Nance! You nailed both those challenges SOLID! Thanks so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Yoonsun Hur said...

Absolutely Stunning! So beautiful and elegant!! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!