Featured Slider

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine Special Thanks! Blog Hop

Good morning! 
 Today, I am participating in 
The Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine Swan Song Blog Hop.  

Whew, that was a mouthful! 

It's a bittersweet hop across papercrafting blog land.  Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine is closing it's doors in February 2015.  <quiet sob>  So, several hundred crafty addicts have banded together to make this blog hop in honor of and to thank everyone who worked at the magazine who were dedicated to bringing the paper crafting world a treasured publication chocked full of inspiration, techniques and trendy ideas each and every month.  

The theme of the Blog Hop is Friendship & Thanks.  Every participant has made a card focused on this theme and many if not all of these cards will find their way into the hands of every Paper Crafts Magazine employee as our way of thanking them for years of information, inspiration and creativity online and in our craft rooms.

So, if you are "hopping" you should have gotten here from Amy Sheffer's blog, Pickled Paper Designs.

My card is below:
SPIES:
PAPER: White cardstock base (Bazzill). Watercolor paper.
INK: Dylusions Ink sprays -- Green, purple, blue, pink, red, orange, yellow.
EXTRAS: Thanks word die (Taylored Expressions); Circle cover plate die (Papertrey Ink).


I wanted to do something special and something fun and hopefully trendy.  I had some homemade rainbow colored background paper I had made with Dylusions ink sprays.  So, with one piece, I made my background here laying the white circle die on top.  The other piece I used for the "Thanks" words.  I also cut six white "thanks" dies to bump up each of the colored thanks.  I took a piece of white cardstock and cut "thanks" three times vertically on it.  Then, used that as my base for the sentiments.

So, you should have hopped here from the first name on the list below and to continue on from here you should click the name underneath mine:


Nance Salkeld (You Are Here)
Meredith MacRitchie


Continue on the blog hop and enjoy all the great cards displayed as a last "hurrah" for Paper Crafts Magazine!

And I thought, even though I'm late including this, I'd share all my hoarded issues of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazines since first becoming a fan way back in 2009:


I definitely won't be getting rid of them now!






Paper Crafting Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

10 comments:

Lori Turner said...

This card is absolutely AWESOME, Nance!

i'm with the band said...

Such a fun card!!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE your card, the colors are awesome!

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful creation Nance, wonderful colors!

Shelly said...

Awesome card!!! Love!

Kara said...

pretty!!

Carisa said...

beautiful!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love your post.... I have all my magazines too..I always think I will get rid of them..but don't!
Have a great weekend Nance!

Deepti said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the rainbow colors :)