Featured Slider

Monday, May 25, 2015

Teacher Appreciation - The Challenge #36

Happy Monday Everyone!

Happy Memorial Day, Americans!
Hug and thank a veteran!

It's also time for a something new 
at 
The Challenge!

This week is a theme -
Celebrating Teachers

School years around the northern hemisphere are coming to a close and summer is just coming!

Several of The Challenge team are teachers themselves and I know they are all looking forward to their summer breaks.  Since my sons both just finished college, I don't really have any teachers to send cards to so I'm dedicating my card to all my crafty/blog friends who are also teachers!

Make sure you check out the rest of The Challenge Team's fabulous cards and leave them some blog love.  We love comments too!

Nance Salkeld(That's me and where you are!)

We also have some guest designers this week:

Fabiola Jaques - Guest Designer
Antonia Speelman - Guest Designer
Sandie Munro-Featured Designer

Give them some blog love as well!


Since I haven't had to make teacher gifts for years, this week's challenge really did challenge me!  I have a lot of school stickers and things for scrapbook pages, but I try not to use much of it since I'm only up to First Grade for both of my boys' books (yes, I did just mention they both just graduated college)!  I'm just a tad behind.  LOL

I wanted to do something with yellow flowers and I found this cute little mouse digital stamp in my computer files.  He's from Bugaboo Stamps.  So, I printed him out along with the sentiment, which is from Doodle Pantry digital stamps.  I thought it would look cute arched over the flower.  I colored them in Copics and Spectrum Noirs and then added a few diamond Stickles to the flower middle.  I used stitched mats from Lil' Inkers Designs and cut two small banners from Reverse Confettie (fat) and Lil Inkers (skinny).  The books and apple are Jolee stickers to make it more school official. The background paper is old, old, old.  


For Following Challenges:
I used the sketch at the Fusion challenge.

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

8 comments:

Maura said...


This is so pretty, Nance! Love all the bright colors with the anchor of the black and white pp in the background. And that mouse is so sweet!

sandie said...

I love the little books and Apple. Your card had fabulous dimension and I also found it a challenge but didn't do so well with making my card schooly!

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is just adorable! I love all the patterns and layers! That little mouse is so cute! This card would warm any teachers heart! XX

Indy's Designs said...

Oh what a darling card! Love the design and papers and that cute little mouse!

Kim Heggins said...

WOW....what a sweet card! I love your sweet little critter holding that adorable flower, really makes for an adorable teacher thank you card.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

so cute! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

wienerhoneymooners said...

ADORE this so much, you have a knack of just nailing EVERY challenge girl!
LOVE the sweet mouse, running along with thanks! You hit the FUSION sketch right on the nose, so glad you played along with us at FUSION.

The teacher theme, the SWEETEST!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Roshan Jha said...

Nice post !! i am looking for this kind of post from last many days thanks for share it with us. Read our blog for : School sticker