Featured Slider

Monday, September 21, 2015

Today Makes Me Smile - The Challenge #43

Good Morning Monday 
(again)!

Time for a new challenge at 
The Challenge!


This week we have this gorgeous inspirational photo for you.  
Look at all the potential packed into one fabulous photo!

And ---we have a new DT member -

Welcome Diane Jaquay!  
YAY!

Check out all the Design Team's projects 
by clicking on their names below:

Nance Salkeld (that's me!)
--------------------------------------------------------
Featured Designer - Alanna 

Check out mine below:

SUPPLIES: STAMPS: Bike (TE); Flowers (Paper Sweeties); Sentiment (Jillibeans). PAPER: White cardbase (Core'dinations 110lb), Tan (Recollections). INK: Versafine black; Angel Pink & Nautical Blue (Memento); Squeezed Lemondade Distress pen (Tim Holtz); Begonia Pink Copics marker. EXTRAS: Bike die (TE); Flower die (Paper Sweeties); Brick emboss folder (Sizzix); Vine die (Die-Versions); Diagonal stripe die (Reverse Confetti).

I took a pretty literal viewpoint from the inspiration photo.  I got the partial brick effect by using a hammer on the emboss folder, lightly tapping in random spaces (or not so random), I pinpointed where I wanted some of the bricks.


Challenge Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

4 comments:

Lesley said...

So very pretty!! Love the colours! Yay, I can comment!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is very pretty, Nance! I love how you used the bicycle as your focal image (I didn't even notice the bike when I first looked at the inspiration photo lol!) The little details on this card make it really special :)

Kim Heggins said...

So adorable...love your sweet scene you created.

Bonnie said...

I love how you've used the embossing folder! Very clever with the card design! This card makes me smile!