Featured Slider

Monday, October 5, 2015

Hugs - The Challenge #45

Happy Monday!

It's time for a new challenge at

This week we have a great sketch for you to use:


Check out the rest of the Design Team's projects along with our Featured Designer and Weekly Guest Designer too:

Nance Salkeld - That's me! (You are HERE)!
--------------------------------------------------------
Guest Designer - Valentyna Komisarenko

Here is my card:


I used a new die from Poppy Stamps, a mum floral die.  I just love it!  I cut it three times to get all three colors I used.  I actually used the orange cardstock I cut the flower from to inlay the brown flower and then carefully glued all the tiny yellow and orange flower petals inside the outline. The patterned paper I had in my stash and thought it went perfectly with the flower petals.  The sentiments is from Lil' Inker Designs that I stamped in Rich Cocoa on a scalloped circle die.  I also used a stitched circle die and regular circle die.  I made my card pretty clean to make the flower center stage.  I now have two other mum dies cut to make one or two more cards.

For Following Challenges:

Hope you join us this week.  Can't wait to see all the creative ways everyone uses our sketch!

Sketchy Challenge Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

4 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the use of the sketch and what fabulous colors!! The sentiment is so comforting to someone who has lost a loved one- thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Beautiful card, Nance! Love that inlaid colored flower. Great take on the sketch!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Just beautiful, Nance! Gorgeous fall colors, and perfect with the inlaid die technique!

Nancy said...

Cool job with the die cut and using three colors! Great card! So glad you joined us over at Just Us Girls for word week!