Featured Slider

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Abstract Christmas Star

Good Evening!**

I've been hoarding cards again!  LOL

I'm "stuffed" from our Thanksgiving feast cooked by our son, had a nice long nap and now trying to get some blogging done.


I cut a frame mask from a rectangle die, masked off the outer edges of the cardstock.  Then, I used the abstract stencil from My Favorite things with Rose Red, Sweet Sugarplum and Pink Pirouette.  I stamped the sentiment with Sweet Sugarplum and Pink Pirouette.  The star dies are from Star of Light by Stampin' Up and cut from white glitter cardstock. A crystal gem finishes off the center.

For Following Challenges:


I used stamping, masking, die cuts, and sponging.





**My card was one of the "cut above" picks on Nov. 26, 2016!

CAS Christmas Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, Nance! I LOVE this masked and sponged background with this sparkly star! The white plays so well with the vivid background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Susan said...

What a beautiful background - stunning colours! The perfect setting for that gorgeous star. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is gorgeous! I love the beautiful background you created with the stencil! The vibrant colors just pop off the white! So happy you joined my CAS challenge at The Paper Player this week! XX

Colleen Begley said...

Nance, this is really gorgeous! Love the Ombre look on the background and the stencil looks fab with the SU star die. Thanks so much for sharing with the Paper Players this week.

Brent Scheffer said...

Great star and network background! Congrats on PP322 A Cut Above!

Loll said...

This is a really beautiful design Nancy. The ombre over the geometric pattern is so pretty and makes a great backdrop for your beautiful star. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!