Featured Slider

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Thanks Hydrangea

Happy Sunday!

Well, at least for a bit longer.

I've been messing around in my craft room today.  I tried some new to me techniques, settled on creating a card using the Distress Ink Lifting technique on the hydrangea tag.  I used the tutorial by Jennifer McGuire

The hydrangea stamp is by Winnie & Walter, the sentiment die is Stamplorations.  I used Broken China, Blueprint Sketch, Mowed Lawn and Picked Raspberry Distress inks by Tim Holtz. The pattern paper is from Co'ordinations.  The polka dot paper is plastic patterned paper from Michaels.

You will notice that after I die cut the tag, I fussy cut the rest of the hydrangea and leaves and adhered them slightly under the tag for a little added effect.

I was inspired by two different challenges for my card ---


I drew inspiration mainly from the layout and tag.



I was mainly inspired by the hydrangea and vellum.



Spring Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

5 comments:

Global Design Project Design Team said...

Lovely card Nance and a great CASE of Louise's card. Love your bright colour palette and the patterned acetate looks great as your background.

Ardyth said...

Your hydrangea is beautifully coloured - love the variations in shades! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Bonnie said...

I love the variations in color on your hydrangea! Great choice of colors to "lift"! A fantastic job on both challenges!

Gwendolyn said...

Wow great blending! Beautiful card.

SonjaK said...

Such a fun take on my Muse card! The hydrangea is so wonderfully colored and I love the dotted background, it adds so much happy to the card.