Featured Slider

Thursday, June 15, 2017

4CC #355 - Summer Fun {Tamie}

Good Morning, Again!

There's a new challenge up at 

Tamie is our sunny hostess and she has chosen a theme ---

I don't know about the rest of you but I am in DESPERATE NEED of some summer fun!!!

It's been an awful week.  Our cat got horribly sick last weekend and we wound up taking him to the Vet ER.  He has slowly been improving but we still don't know exactly what is wrong with him.  We've been pumping him with meds and trying to get him to eat more. 

So, I  haven't had a lot of sleep this week and for someone with chronic insomnia to begin with, it's not good.  So suffice to say, I'm a walking zombie and also late with some of my design team projects.

So late as it may be, here is my "summer fun" card ---

Stamps: Image and Sentiment - Mini Snorkel Fun Penguin (Your Next Stamp).
Paper:  White cardbase; Watercolor Paper; DP-Tasty Treats (Stampin' Up).
Ink: It's a boy (Catherine Pooler); Desert Sand (Memento); Black Onyx (Versafine).
Extras: Tag (Lil' Inker Designs); Sentiment Strip Die (My Favorite Things); Rectangle Stitched Die (Lil' Inker Designs).

I saw a Popsicle ad on The Weather Channel app that showed a kid "swimming" on a popsicle.  So that was my inspiration for my card.  I used a round stitched tag from Lil' Inker Designs for my popsicle and the inside of an MFT stitched sentiment die for the stick and cut them from watercolored paper.  

Check out my fellow Chicks' projects over at the Hen House and leave them some blog love!


4 Crafty Chicks is on Facebook too!  Check it out!

For Following Challenges:

Crafty Chick Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

6 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Absolutely PERFECT card for this challenge, Nance! So sorry that you've had a rough go this week...sending speedy recovery wishes to kitty and hoping you get some much needed rest friend! xoxoxox

Bonnie said...

Ooh, I love this! That penguin looks like he's having lots of good summer fun! I hope things settle down for you soon!

Tamie said...

Oh my gosh, I love this! I am truly sorry to hear about your cat. Hoping you get some much needed sleep and your cat starts feeling a lot better. Totally love the paper, layout and Popsicle.

Leigh Penner said...

Super fun take on the sketch!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply sweet card...love all that yummy ice cream and your sweet little penguin!

Leanne said...

Yummy and the die is great, awesome paper, love it!