Featured Slider

Friday, June 2, 2017

Hello Handsome!


Hello again! I've had many posts today so while it may not look like it, my crafting has been hit or miss lately.  One day it's booming, the next one, two or three it's dry as a bone.  Probably it's because we have so much going on right now that my brain is overloaded with "schtuff" and not enough creative mojo on a regular basis. Roof repairs...house repairs...helping our son move...dog sitting for said son...annual doc appts/tests...sick cat...upcoming vacation.   Three weeks until the vacation and  I'm really looking forward to it.  We haven't taken a real true week's long vacation somewhere fun just the two of us since our honeymoon 27 years ago.  I think we're a little overdue.

Anyway, I have managed to get some cards finished, most for design teams but a couple others as well.  I just bought some more new stamps and dies and actually used some of them right away for once!



STAMPS: Parrot and Sentiment - Layering Parrot (Hero Arts).
PAPER: White cardstock (Co'ordinations); Watercolor paper (Strathmore).
INK: Spray Inks (Dylusions); Fiesta Blue, Lime Rickey (Catherine Pooler); Night of Navy (Stampin'Up); Desert Sand (Memento).
EXTRAS: Parrot Die (Hero Arts); Tropical leaf dies (Waffle Flower). Diagonal Stripes Elle-ments die (Avery Elle).

These are all new products.  The hubs loves birds and so I've been trying to add to my bird stamp supply.  Funny thing, I actually was going to make this card a birthday card, but when he saw it, he asked if he could have it.  So, how could I say "no"?  So I had to find a different sentiment.  Since our anniversary is June 9th, I decided to make it an early anniversary card.


The background I had in my stash I had watercolored and I matched it with a background I had made using the shaving cream technique and Dylusions spray inks, which I used to cut out the tropical leaves. 

For Following Challenges:




Polly Wants a Blessing!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Polly is GORGOUES, Nance! I can see why your hubs would love it! Mojo seems to be well intact!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, what a wonderfully colorful card! I love how you offset the background with the white overlay. The leaves and parrot really steal the show. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

stampwithamyk said...

How cool! Your framing is just perfect and the tropical images are fantastic in those bright colors. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Monika Reeck said...

Ooh Nance love love
the Parrot
the leaves color wooww funtastic
and the used our color combo is perfecto
Lovely Manly card sweety
many thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps
see you again tomorrow
hugs
Monika
PS: your CWS winner prize I have sent would you mind inform me when it is arrive Nance...thanks so much and happy Saturday :)

Jane said...

Wonderful colours, so vibrant and eye catching. Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

Annette Elliott said...

Nance, all I can say "wow" this is stunning. So vibrant, fabulous design, just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Leena Girsa said...

Oh my goodness! I am in LOVE with the bright colours on your card. It just pops...so perfect for our colour challenge at Sunday Stamps. Thanks for playing along!

Lin said...

Oh what a great summer card, Nancy - love the cool colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! You are LONG overdue for a vacation - enjoy!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a WONDERFUL happy and Summery card, love the colours and your parrot. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room die challenge. Faith DT